Fashion Flash Monday, and New Classic

posted in: Style | 10

This week, Fashion Flash Monday is hosted by Black Cat Plus, Plus Size Fashion Blog.  This week’s topics include women’s health, style, and beauty, all with a focus on les femmes d’un certain age.

Speaking of style, if you are looking to jump on the denim shirt trend, or perhaps just replace an old favorite, this soft and fitted denim shirt from Lafayette 148 is an excellent choice. I could tell as soon as I picked it up that the fabric and construction are really superior, and it’s also available in Petite and Plus sizes! While it’s not an inexpensive piece, this is one I anticipate will be versatile and wearable long after the current trend has passed.  Layer it under a sweater or jacket now, wear on its own when the weather warms up, or even wear open as a jacket alternative.

Double denim for Casual Friday!

~

All original content property of http://www.unefemme.net

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 United States License.

10 Responses

1. Chicatanyage

Good picture. Your new camera is doing a great job.

2. Tabitha

Great look, I am really tired of clothes just now, I just want uniform now Monday to Friday, something classic just like the pic above.

3. Pam @ over50feeling40

Love the way you popped the leopard boot in…it looks great!

4. You look great in double denim, classic and crisp and ready to seize the day.
    I’d love a sunny warm day in California right about now!

5. Anonymous

I love your blog, i love your clothes, your style, your wisdom, but in your pictures of yourself, you always cross your legs and you look as if you need a wee!

6. BigLittleWolf

I love this look! And the leopard is the perfect witty touch.

7. That's Not My Age

I have three denim shirts but am always on the look out for another! I like the fitted shape of the one you’ve chosen.

8. Terri

I have two denim shirts and a chambray in a griege sort of color. I really like your Friday look–it’s both polished AND relaxed.

9. materfamilias

You’ve done a great job with the double denim. I love Anonymous at 10:37’s reading of the WendyB pose — I’m guessing I often look as if I need a wee also ;-)

10. Priscilla

Anon’s observation is hilarious! You are such a classy lady.
    Poses I’ve recently observed: Teens all stand with their hand on their hips. Those social-skeleton waifs stand pigeon-toed. The older glam babes cross their legs in hopes of reducing the look of those pesky +10lbs that the camera is required to add.
    I really love looking at old fashion photos. There are definite pose styles peculiar to each period. I guess we’ll be known as the wee-wee period!