Welcome, Summer.

This song, more than any other, will always mean “summer” to me.

We’re enjoying a beautiful summer day here. The weather is warm but not sweltering, and there’s just a hint of breeze. It will be a good evening for dining al fresco.

One last time (I know, I know!) I need mention that Google Reader (and, to the best of my knowledge, Google Friend Connect) will be no more after this Sunday. You can…

or any of the other feed services listed under the Subscribe button to the right. If you see multiple versions of the blog listed, please select to follow http://unefemme.net (no www in the url).

Also, if you prefer to receive email notifications of new posts, simply leave a comment and check the box as shown here:

What music reminds you most of summer time?

Bon weekend!

1. June 29, 2013 / 11:15 am

We have a Salmon Festival parade on Canada Day in the small fishing village neighbourhood where I live and every Friday evening there is free music at the Cannery Museum. Monsieur is singing for a Canada Day pool party. Song of summer: Under the Boardwalk.

2. Carol
    June 29, 2013 / 11:36 am

Thank you for posting this! It has made a very sad a bit better. It is amazing where music can take one.

3. Neats
    June 29, 2013 / 11:37 am

The summer after my senior year in HS I went out with my boyfriend at 7 almost every night. The local teen hit station played down the day’s 3 most popular songs from 6:45 to 7. Most of that summer Crystal Blue Persuasion was one for them. This song will forever take me back to a time of young, carefree summer romance.

4. June 29, 2013 / 12:28 pm

I’m trying to think of summer songs, and the only one that jumps out is Mungo Jerry doing In The Summertime.

And Love Shack by the B-52s!

• Neats
      June 29, 2013 / 12:36 pm

Every Beach Boys song.

5. nyreader
    June 30, 2013 / 8:08 am

Brandy (You’re A Fine Girl) will always sound like the beach to me.

6. Sandra
    June 30, 2013 / 8:57 am

bonjour

7. B
    June 30, 2013 / 10:07 am

I am just posting to subscribe via email, so feel free to delete my post. Enjoy your blog immensely.

8. Marsha Calhoun
    July 1, 2013 / 11:07 am

Summer Breeze – also the theme song of my marriage . . . strangely, on the radio when I first drove my eventual husband to the airport after a visit, and had no certainty that I would see him again . . .