Serpentine

Apple, schmapple. I’ve no doubt it was a pair of shoes that a certain serpent dangled under the nose of a footsore Eve. Who could resist temptation like this?

The colors in these are just gorgeous.

I spied them on Monday at Bloomingdale’s. They didn’t have my size but were able to find at another store and have sent over. Alas, I can’t play serpent myself and tempt you with a link (can’t find them online anywhere but they’re from Stuart Weitzman and the style is called “Snakepoco”) but perhaps the lovely folks at Bloomingdale’s customer service can help you get ejected from Paradise. Or find it. I was always suspicious of that story anyway. I suspect it was Adam’s betting on the ponies that led to financial ruin and abrupt eviction from the Paradise Apartment Complex (with vaulted ceilings, full gym and sauna!).

Yes, they’re just as comfortable as the regular “Poco’s.” Will I give in to this serpent’s temptation and keep them? To be decided after trying with a few wardrobe items.

Have any stylish serpents been whispering in your ear lately?

UPDATE: for those who love the pattern but can’t wear heels or pointy toes, here’s the same print in a very comfy-looking ballet flat!
~

All original content property of https://unefemme.net

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 United States License.

1. Mary
    August 29, 2012 / 11:06 am

LOVE! I googled ‘snakepoco’ and was very helpfully asked if I meant ‘snake poop’. So close, Google.

I’ll love them virtually, I guess.

2. August 29, 2012 / 11:48 am

Lovely! And a great re-telling of the Cast From the Garden story : >

And I’m having a good LOL at Mary’s comment.

3. August 29, 2012 / 1:41 pm

I look at those pointy, pointy toes and see nothing but pain. No difficulty at all resisting for me.

• August 29, 2012 / 1:47 pm

Janet, I’ve never had any problem with this particular brand and style causing pain. But I also buy them in a large enough size that my toes aren’t squished. 😉

4. August 29, 2012 / 1:54 pm

How can you resist? Unusual mix of colors which is accessorized by your wicked wit.

5. playingwithscarves
    August 29, 2012 / 11:01 am

Hello Eve’s daughter !
    This is a great revenge on the fatal snake which messed up your ancestor’s plans in Paradise…
    Nice shoes but I’ll leave them to you… If you want to complement your wardrobe by a boa scarf, I can send you one from Florida !
    All the best 🙂
    Anne

6. RoseAG
    August 29, 2012 / 11:11 am

Those are very nice!

They’re similar to the Seychelles Sequoia featured on Wardrobe Oxygen.

7. August 29, 2012 / 6:14 pm

Being afraid of snakes, I admit I”m not big on serpent anything… That said, I think I have one spectacular pair of heels that are some sort of snakeskin, but I don’t wear them often – partly because I don’t like reptiles. I prefer to let them do their thing (far far away from moi), and I’ll stick to other materials for my little feet!

8. August 29, 2012 / 7:17 pm

They look fabulous – no wonder they whispered to you! And from your previous post love the look of the low leopard heels with the boyfriend jeans that your friend from You Look Fab is wearing. May have to copy that look! X

9. August 29, 2012 / 7:43 pm

You can’t argue about taste, but I find them absolutly horrible and “cheap” looking. I just do hope it is not real snake skin…

10. Chicatanyage
    August 29, 2012 / 1:44 pm

As I have a snake phobia these might just be too realistic for me. I will stay in paradise for a while longer.

11. August 29, 2012 / 9:20 pm

Great colors in that snake. They’ll go with everything. Keep them for sure.

12. August 29, 2012 / 9:24 pm

OMG – they’re gorgeous and they’re a total basic! You’ll wear them with everything. I would totally buy this shoe right now if I could find it for less than 350 bucks! (OK, I’d have to find it for quite a bit less than 350 bucks…)

13. Anonymous
    August 29, 2012 / 10:31 pm

I have horrible feet and had to give up shoe fantasies long ago. These, however, are so cool I could cry out of frustration knowing my feet are disabled. I am incredibly jealous!

• August 29, 2012 / 10:34 pm

@Anonymous, don’t know if it would work for you but Bloomie’s also had this pattern in a Stuart Weitzman ballet flat…I’m so sorry you have such trouble with your feet.

14. sisty
    August 29, 2012 / 3:32 pm

While leopard prints are nice, this print and texture really rings my bell! Do you buy a half-size larger than you usually wear to give yourself enough room? Or do you go wider?

15. August 30, 2012 / 1:56 am

Genius! keep! Slightly off the leopard trend, which makes them plus de cooler!

16. mette
    August 29, 2012 / 7:46 pm

Real snake. That is a definite + from me. The shoes look nice. If your feet feel comfortable in them – buy them!

17. Terri
    August 29, 2012 / 11:36 pm

Whoa, the color in these makes them even better!

18. California Girl
    August 30, 2012 / 4:11 pm

I love snakeskin shoes & bags and I don’t like snakes so it kinda works.

Actually, I have had both and they were lovely but fragile. Also, snakes do serve a purpose. They freak me out in our garden. We have garter snakes. Harmless but still a slithery surprise. There are lovely patent leather faux snakeskins that look just as good even if the “feel” is different.

Did you go off on snakes after watching the RNC? 🙂

19. August 31, 2012 / 10:00 pm

Oh, those ssssshoe are sssssoooo tempting!

20. August 31, 2012 / 11:49 pm

I think those are classic Pseu. I’m thinking about a snakeskin blouse for this fall, over here:).

21. creative1
    September 27, 2012 / 12:58 am

I must confess (with glee) that I bought a pair of these, though in the sea painted python as the color in the picture is MIA. You can see them here. http://www.stuartweitzman.com/products/poco/ I bought a size 7 narrow and they feel heavenly on my feet. No pinching and the leather is so soft. I absolutely love the colors and these shoes. Reading your blog must come with a warning: “may incite fabulous purchases.” 🙂 merci, cherie

p.s. I have enjoyed your blog so much since I found it when I was looking for packing tips for a Paris trip in the spring. I did not go, though in my inbox today was another invite to go in November!