It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas In Paris

Paris St. Germain Cafe de Flore

Paris is getting into the Christmas mood. From the elegant to the garish, decorations are going up, and I see more daily.

Zegna Paris St. Honore window

This is actually the window of an upscale men’s clothing store (Ermenegildo Zegna) on Faubourg St. Honoré.

Paul Smith blvd Raspail

Paul Smith, another men’s clothing store. This one’s on Blvd. Raspail.

le Bon Marche Christmas trees

Le Bon Marché has an entire Christmas Tree department. (Faux Fuchsia, I thought of you!)

Christmas floral display Paris

Chanel Paris

Chanel, bien sûr.

Paris Champs Elysees Christmas market ride

Lots of kiddie rides at the Champs Elysées Christmas markets.

Christmas tat in St. Germain

Christmas floral arrangement

Christmas trees for sale in Paris

Apparently when you buy a Christmas tree in Paris, you take your chances. Most I’ve seen for sale are wrapped up like this. I passed two women carrying one down the sidewalk but wasn’t quick enough to snap a photo.

Christmas decorations rue Cherche-Midi

Dusk in Paris is magnificent.

rue de Bac 7eme Paris

Snapped this one on rue du Bac, walking home after dinner last night.

Greetje from No Fear of Fashion will be here shortly, I’m sure we’ll get up to some shenanigans!

À bientôt!!

1. Eileen Farrar
    December 10, 2016 / 3:33 am

Susan – love your posts and following your adventures. Where do you stay in Paris?

December 10, 2016 / 3:59 am

Hi Eileen, we tend to stay in different areas each time. This time I’m in the 7th, and will post a review of the hotel after I return.

2. December 10, 2016 / 4:14 am

A big merci for posting all the Christmas photos. I have never been in Paris at this time of year and love to see how the French do the holidays!

3. Felicity Browne
    December 10, 2016 / 4:16 am

Susan- if you have time the decorations are lovely outside the Marie Du 15eME Arrondissement this year. Many trees tastefully which are decorated.
    Enjoy your stay.

4. December 10, 2016 / 4:38 am

Your photos really capture the atmosphere! Have fun.

5. December 10, 2016 / 4:42 am

Wonderful photos! Are those red Solo cups on the Chanel trees? :o)

6. Sue J.
    December 10, 2016 / 4:50 am

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing, Susan!

7. Ellen
    December 10, 2016 / 5:54 am

We think of the 7th as “our” Paris neighborhood. Its a treat to see it dressed for Christmas

8. December 10, 2016 / 6:22 am

Oh, Susan! What a gift your trip is to me.

9. Laurel
    December 10, 2016 / 7:05 am

These photos of Christmas in Paris are just lovely. Thanks so much for brightening my day. 🙂

10. Cathy
    December 10, 2016 / 7:15 am

What lovely photos!

11. December 10, 2016 / 7:43 am

I love the photos and comments from Paris. What a lovely time to be there. Wishful thinking!

12. December 10, 2016 / 8:21 am

Oh how fun! Have you met Greetje before? She is a blast!

bisous
    Suzanne

13. MarlaD
    December 10, 2016 / 8:54 am

The lights spilling out of the wheelbarrow – ooh la la! So pretty! Those red Christmas trees up top are something to see too! All so beautiful!

14. December 10, 2016 / 9:09 am

Oh, I love seeing these photos of Paris at Chirstmas. Keep them coming. I feel like I’m almost with you.

15. December 10, 2016 / 9:37 am

Tres belle photos Susan! It looks wonderful!

I love the 6th and 7th arrondissements. That’s where I like to stay while in Paris too.

16. Pamela
    December 10, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Love these photos of Christmas windows. Some of them absolutely gorgeous (favourite is horse and hat with all the Christmas trees) – and just a bit quirky. Though the headless figure in Paul Smith’s window has gone just a bit too far for me in these darker times. Even has resonances back to the guillotine as well as modern days. Sinister. Otherwise love his wheelbarrow overflowing with lights.
    Love the Christmas street scenes too. Have never been in Paris at Christmas, would love to, perhaps one day, though it’s really difficult to leave our garden for weeks at the height of summer with all tomatoes and vegetables flourishing. Also terribly difficult to find people to water all my many flowering or fruiting pot plants (camellias, lemon, lime, cumquats, gardenias, geraniums, fuchsias, hydrangeas – loving them all just now) as well because everyone is away on holidays in December/January – like your July/August.
    Looks as though you’re having a fabulous time! Enjoying all these pics. Best wishes, Pamela

17. December 10, 2016 / 3:58 pm

Oooh, you saved the best pic for last. So charming to see the Christmas Cheer–the poor French have had a tough year. I’ll bet it makes residents feel lighter and hopeful. Thank You for sharing.

18. Michelle
    December 10, 2016 / 5:48 pm

The cafe de flore is on the corner of Rue Sainte-Benoit, not Rue de Bec. Or so I have been told!

December 10, 2016 / 9:36 pm

This is a different cafe, “Cafe le Florés.” Cafe de Flore is on Blvd. St. Germain and is pictured at the top of the post.