Casual Vendredi: Twinkle Toes

casual outfit gets a boost from metallic shoes

Animal prints and pops of color are two ways to give a neutral outfit a boost; another option is adding something metallic. Jewelry works of course, or even a bag, but I really like metallic shoes for a more unexpected touch.

Above: trench | bag | sweater | necklace | jeans | bracelet | shoes | fragrance

Yes, they are a little bit funky, but I am in love with those shoes. The brand is L’Amour des Pieds. They’re comfortable too, but this particular style does run large so go down 1/2 to a full size.

From subtle shine to full disco bling, metallic, embellished and even sequined shoes are everywhere for Spring. Even sneakers are getting in on the fun!

More Metallic Shoes…

1. Jane
    February 3, 2017 / 4:09 am

I have a little pair of silver sequin boat shoes that I’ve been wearing the last two summers. They are so cute and go with so many things. Can’t wait to get them out again this year.

2. Meg
    February 3, 2017 / 4:26 am

Oh, I just love that shoe brand- nice arch support for my feet, without looking like shoes that have arch support. A little flash of bling is just what the doctor ordered for yet another sub freezing cold grey winter day here. Running to my closet to find a little shine before I get dressed. Thanks Susan!

3. Ann
    February 3, 2017 / 4:37 am

Shopping in my closet right now for shiny shoes. And there they are! Thanks, Susan.

4. February 3, 2017 / 4:47 am

I got a pair of Superga (the Keds of Italy) silver slip-on sneakers last summer and wore them All. The. Time. I got loads of compliments on them. I’ll have to be super careful with them now because I see that Superga no longer carries them, although there’s always eBay …

5. Linda
    February 3, 2017 / 5:17 am

I love the shoes, but have terrible feet so I cannot wear a lot of nice shoes. Long story!!! But I LOVE your blog! I read a lot of blogs and yours in my favorite! I feel we are friends after reading it.

6. Kathy
    February 3, 2017 / 5:33 am

Oh my goodness – those shoes are everything! I was wondering if they come up high enough on your foot so that they don’t “flap” when you walk in them?

• February 10, 2017 / 3:45 pm

Kathy, I just received mine today and they do flap. I normally wear a size 9 (40), but the 8.5 in these are perfect. They are very comfortable and I don’t think the metallic is too much bling at all.

February 10, 2017 / 5:43 pm

Hi Kathy, I don’t find that these flap as much as flip-flops or some heeled slide sandals. I wore mine around for a couple of hours earlier this week (including a lot of walking) and found them to be comfortable.

• February 10, 2017 / 9:55 pm

Yes, I agree. They are pretty fabulous.

7. Marguerite
    February 3, 2017 / 7:22 am

As usual, a stellar compilation of shiny, twinkly shoes! I love them, too, and am always on the lookout for more! Thanks Femme.

8. February 3, 2017 / 7:33 am

Oh, you’re killing me. I was just out shopping and saw the sweetest pair of oxfords in a metallic blush. So proper and so crazy at the same time!

• Joanna
      February 3, 2017 / 8:32 am

Oh, I love oxfords and metallic blush would take them over the top. Will you share where you saw them and/or the brand?

• February 3, 2017 / 9:32 am

They were in a French chain called Promod.

• Joanna
          February 3, 2017 / 2:29 pm

Off to search them. Thank you!

9. Patricia
    February 3, 2017 / 7:41 am

Like your hair better a bit shorter, as it highlights your bone structure and features so much more. I understand a need for a change, and I have fine, thin hair like you. Both looks are good, but I think with this style, you notice the hair, and with it shorter, you notice your face(which is lovely).

10. February 3, 2017 / 8:03 am

I really can’t wear “slides” or mules, but those are fabulous! I’ve got a pair of “antiqued silver” flat loafers (Fluevog) that I love. My daughter just bought the most gorgeous gold Onitsuka Tiger sneakers and I’m feeling an itch I might have to scratch. . . 😉

11. Sheri
    February 3, 2017 / 8:07 am

Susan, I love the entire ensemble in today’s post! I also wondered…can you ever find a sale on the French Kande jewelry? I absolutely love it, but it is a little cost prohibitive. If you could let me know where I might find the pieces on sale, I’d be most grateful! 🙂

• Kelly
      February 5, 2017 / 8:00 am

French Kande has a more budget-friendly line on HSN called FKLA. I’ve founded the quality to be comparable to my couture pieces. The inventory is a bit low right now, but keep an eye out for the next delivery.

12. February 3, 2017 / 8:07 am

I think metallic shoes are a classic neutral. I was timid about wearing, at first, but now I love them — especially when I need a pop of something other than black.

13. Joanna
    February 3, 2017 / 8:37 am

Those are cute slides. I bought a pair of metallic sneakers last year. They quickly became my go to with chinos ( rolled cuff ) or capris. They just add a little oomph to an outfit.

14. Fanny
    February 3, 2017 / 9:40 am

I adore metallic shoes and sometimes have a hard time locating just what I like. The pair you showcased looks perfect for me, and Nordy is now winging it my way. Bonus: it helps me feel as if spring really will be on the way soon!

15. Sisty
    February 3, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Perfect timing! I just wrote to Paul Green to ask how to take care of a pair of their distressed metallic flats, which are getting scuffed on the toes. They replied: “take them to a shoe gobbler!” Do you have any hints on how to shine up this kind of distressed metallaic finish?

16. February 5, 2017 / 11:13 am

Those mules are a little too funky for me but I see the appeal! I’m glad metallics are still “in”!