Most days, I don’t want to employ a complex calculus in order to get dressed. I like to keep it simple and rely on a stable of cohesive, basic pieces for my wardrobe foundation. But simple can easily drift toward boring, so I’m paying more attention to pieces that add some visual interest and personality to the mix. Takeaway: the more simple your style, the more the details matter.
Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. All ideas, opinions and words are my own.
Even when it comes to accent pieces, I tend to shy away from anything too complicated, contrived or fussy. Give me clean lines, some eye-catching detail, or an appealing color, without sacrificing comfort or functionality. I’m always on the lookout for clothing and accessories that are easy to style and play nicely with the rest of my wardrobe without being too generic.
Here’s what I’m talking about…
- The ruffled edges on this chambray blazer take it from nice to notable.
- Multi-colored embroidery on simple leather wrap bracelet is eye-catching on its own, but could also be a great way to link different colors in an outfit.
- I’ve been eyeing this satchel bag for some weeks now. It has both an interesting shape and a functional design, and that orange color would really add some zing to my neutrals. The light blue color is also quite pretty!
- If you love the idea of a utility jacket, but various shades of olive just aren’t your thing, here’s one in a stunning cobalt blue. (Available in Petite sizes too!)
- A simple nude shell gets a lift from artistic beading. Add an easy, lightweight silk jacket and pants for a no-fuss Special Occasion look.
Nordstrom carries a great selection of simple-but-interesting pieces from popular brands like Eileen Fisher, J.Crew and Tory Burch. They include Misses, Petites and Plus sizes (when offered by the brand) and a good selection of colors. Shipping and returns are always free.
What kinds of details do you look for in clothes and accessories?
All In The Details…