Gift Ideas For Coffee Lovers

Gift ideas for coffee lovers: French press. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

It’s Always Time For Coffee

One of the things I’ve been missing while our kitchen is out of commission is being able to make a cup of coffee with freshly ground beans in the mornings. I love my little Nespresso machine, and it’s a life-saver in the interim, but I do pine for a nice big mug of coffee first thing, and that lovely aroma while it’s brewing. If there are some coffee lovers on your gift list, here are a few ideas.

Above: a sleek French press. This one’s spill proof too!

Gift ideas for coffee lovers: a state-of-the-art grinder. Details at une femme d'un certain age.A burr grinder is the best for an even grind. Le Monsieur bought me this one last year for Chanukah and it’s a really fabulous machine. There are precision settings for ground size and amount, and unlike some grinders, it’s easy to clean.

Gifts for coffee lovers: a milk frother. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

This little milk frother whips up milk for hot or cold drinks in a flash, without steam. Latte, cappuccino, frappuccino, hot cocoa…all with just the push of a button.

Gift ideas for coffee lovers: espresso cups

These double-walled espresso cups keep your shot hot.

Gift ideas for coffee lovers: Bialetti Moka pot. Details at une femme d'un certain age.During our stay in Venice earlier this year, I came to enjoy a “Moka” brew. Somewhere between an espresso and a standard brew, it’s perfect for those who love their coffee really strong.

Gift ideas for coffee lovers: travel grinder. Details at une femme d'un certain age.For the truly serious coffee hound, this little travel grinder does a nice job. Ground size is adjustable to accommodate their preferred brewing method.

Hmmm, all this coffee talk has me craving an espresso…

1. Shybiker
    December 15, 2017 / 6:04 am

Nice choices. I’ve tried all of these and currently use the French Press at top. I find the most important thing is to grind your beans before brewing; flavor, which resides in the oil in the beans, dissipates over time when the beans are pre-ground.

2. December 15, 2017 / 8:00 am

I wish I was so sophisticated to drink coffee. My idea of coffee is coffee ice cream. love idea of that milk frother. But I’m basically a tea woman. Oh, well.

3. Mary PEREZ
    December 15, 2017 / 8:20 am

Oh yes, our Gaggia Espresso Machine is practically part of the family. First thing in the morning–grind beans, make large cup of coffee and lots of foam…Got hooked on latte bowls while traveling, so holding that warm foamy drink with both hands is heaven. On another subject–is everyone watching “The Crown”? Generating many thoughts and feelings for me.

4. acommunaltable
    December 15, 2017 / 9:19 am

Great roundup of coffee accessories! Just an FYI – if you don’t have a coffee grinder and like Illy coffee – Eataly in LA carries the Moka grind!!!!

5. Vancouver Barbara
    December 15, 2017 / 9:27 am

What a great selection of items to gift others…and especially oneself. Thank you.

6. Siobhan
    December 15, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Check out the Aeropress. I don’t use Kcups, so this is handy for a single cup at home and when staying with friends who may not be strong coffee drinkers. Another gift idea is Zojirushi Stainless Steel travel mug or thermos. Keeps coffee warm all day;doesn’t spill in your bag; open with one hand. Love them.

• Jane2
      December 15, 2017 / 1:33 pm

I just got an Aeropress and it is fabulous…doesn’t give the crema of a Nespresso, say, but makes a great cup of sludge-free press coffee! According to all who recommended it to me, it’s also great for travel.

7. Jannie
    December 16, 2017 / 8:47 am

For travel and even every day Aerolatte is a fabulous frother and begins at the great price of $20.00. I love mine! And Jane2 i am going to check out the Aeropress. Thanks and Merry!