Out And About In Paris

A travel outfit In Paris. That little silk top has been a real workhorse on this trip! Details at une femme d'un certain age.

Travel Outfit In Paris…

We’ve been having a fabulous time in Paris so far! The weather over the weekend was delightful, and we’ve been making the most of it and spending lots of time out walking. I’ve been taking LOTS of photos. And because many of you have requested to see the outfits I’ve put together from my travel wardrobe, I’ve been trying to capture those as well.

Josephine from Chic At Any Age arrived Saturday afternoon, and of course we had to hit one of our favorite locales in Saint Germain. She took these photos.

Taking photos in Paris. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

That little silk top (similar) has been a real workhorse in my travel wardrobe. It’s been perfect for the weather.

To see my entire travel wardrobe, click HERE.

Yes, there are a couple of new additions. I picked up the sandals in Lyon, and the bag in Paris. I’d noticed a couple of women carrying this bag here and really liked the look of it. I’d assumed it was from Saint Laurent or Jerome Dreyfuss, but then I was walking by a Maje store and spotted it in the window. It’s lightweight and a perfect size. It’s also available in several colors and finishes.

One of my favorite spots in St. Germain. Outfit details at une femme d'un certain age.

There’s rain in the forecast today, so I’m glad we spent our time mostly outside while the weather was glorious. More from Paris tomorrow!

Please note: my content is being re-published by other websites without my permission. If you’re not reading this post at https://unefemme.net, please click link to read where originally posted.

1. June 4, 2018 / 4:09 am

Love today’s outfit, Especially the crossbody bag! Thanks for sharing your travels.

2. Elizabeth
    June 4, 2018 / 4:35 am

Love this outfit! Enjoying your travel posts!

3. June 4, 2018 / 5:15 am

Of course you look lovely and I envy Josephine for meeting you.
    But I am in disgust about your post being stolen by a dodgy Asian site. I think this happened to Susan Carillio as well.
    Greetje

4. Janis
    June 4, 2018 / 6:29 am

Where did you get the pants? I love the legs

June 4, 2018 / 7:11 am

Hi Janis, these are from Eileen Fisher and I purchased last year. Here’s a style with a similar silhouette: http://bit.ly/2Jrgb8l

5. risa Wolfson
    June 4, 2018 / 6:30 am

So glad that you are having a fantastic time. I look forward to reading about your adventures! Love, love the new bag!

6. Trixie
    June 4, 2018 / 7:03 am

I am so irritated to hear that your website was stolen! How horrible! about those shoes–do the soles flex? I have learned that platforms are not my friend if they are rigid. What do you think?

June 4, 2018 / 7:18 am

Hi Trixie, there’s some flex in the sole from the mid-foot forward. I’ve been wearing these all over Paris and have found them to be quite comfortable!

7. Dianne
    June 4, 2018 / 7:04 am

Loving Paris. Post French trends please. Love it all

8. June 4, 2018 / 7:43 am

Great outfit. Funny, I just read an article about Maje this morning in a magazine in the doctor’s office. A successful startup.

9. June 4, 2018 / 8:01 am

I love this whole outfit. It’s so, and I rarely use this word, breezy! The fringed bag, the loose silk, the slight drift of the pants. Casual, almost but not quite Moroccan in feeling?

Content-stealing is terrible. I hope they give up and go away soon.

10. CHERYL JOHNSON
    June 4, 2018 / 9:16 am

Well, I need to find those Mephisto sandals when I go to Paris in July! At a good price it sounds like. I like the idea of a wedge if my picky feet will respond. And they are a bit dressier than the Grand Pro Cole Haan’s you took (and that I’ve also purchased for my upcoming trip).

11. June 4, 2018 / 11:18 am

Mephistos cost about half in Paris. I picked up a pair a couple of years ago. Load up.

• Mary Clifford
      June 4, 2018 / 11:53 am

Where in St. Germain were the last pictures taken? We are in Paris right now (Montparnasse/St Germaine) and I would love to find thi wall. Also, any not-to-miss or out of the ordinary spots in St Germaine you recommend?
      Merci!
      Mary

June 4, 2018 / 9:21 pm

Hi Mary, these were taken near the Saint Sulpice church. Just start in front of the church and go in the direction of Jardin du Luxembourg. Try Le Bon Saint Pourcain for lunch if you get over that way. Small place, small menu, but fabulous.

• Mary Clifford
          June 4, 2018 / 11:05 pm

Merçi beaucoup! For some beautiful leather – les sacs, les chauffeured, etc.- stop by Renuoard on Blvd Raspail near where the Marché Biologique is held. Beautiful leather, all French produced and made.

12. Cinzia
    June 4, 2018 / 5:49 pm

I love that shirt every time it appears — I like a bit of print, especially when traveling. (Or am I the only one who always seems to get a spot of salad dressing or sauce on me?) And I love those pants as well. Perfect outfit.

Just back from a visit to Italy and loved all the breezy dresses and cute jeweled leather sandals I saw when out for dinners in Sorrento and Ravello.

13. Jo
    June 4, 2018 / 6:41 pm

The Mephisto store with the largest selection in Paris is the store on Avenue General Le Clerc. It is the Alesia stop on the metro. No transfers are needed if you get on the magenta line at the St Germain station. I pick up a few pairs every year. We were there early May and I had to buy a second (Lipault) suitcase for my new three pairs!

14. TURNER
    June 5, 2018 / 2:21 am

That bag is just darling!

15. Renee Fellows
    June 7, 2018 / 11:09 am

Beautiful outfit, not sure about the shoes with it…