Tuesday Miscellany: Bijoux, Beauty & More

Style blogger Susan B. wears French Kande gold Swarovski crystal necklace with bee medallion. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

Casual Glamour For The Holidays (And Every Day)

Hard to believe, but the holidays are just around the corner. If your life is anything like ours, holiday gatherings are often spur-of-the-moment and decidedly more casual than they once were. I like to have a few Festive-Not-Fussy clothes and accessories on hand for these occasions.

French Kande’s Chatelet Holiday Collection features pieces that can add sparkle for the holidays and be wearable year-round. Above, I’ve been wearing this Swarovski crystal and “Miel” pendant necklace (gifted) with more casual outfits (styled here with a navy cotton tee), but it will also dress up nicely. Those of you who prefer more delicate styles will find a lot to love in this collection!

Swarovski crystal jewelry: French Kande necklace with vintage French medallion. Details at une femme d'un certain age.Prefer silver or cooler-toned jewelry? Here’s a shorter necklace with “black diamond” Swarovski crystals.

French Kande Midnight Mix and Swarovski crystal pendant necklace. Details at une femme d'un certain age.If you love accessories that bring a bit of drama, a long “Midnight Mix” necklace with Swarovski crystal pendants.

French Kande double-stranded pearl bracelet with Swarovski crystal cabuchon. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

Pearls and crystals? Why not? This is an easy little bracelet you can throw on to zhush up a casual outfit after the holidays, too.

See the entire Chatelet Holiday Collection HERE.

Hey, Bright Eyes

Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

I recently tried a sample of this eye creme I received with another beauty purchase, and was really impressed! It instantly brightens up the eye area, and has a nice texture too that isn’t greasy. Use this one in the morning. I’ll be picking up a jar today. 😉

Join Me For The J.Crew Icon Event

J.Crew Icon Event information. Come and meet style blogger Susan B. of une femme d'un certain age.

I’m delighted to announce that I’ve been asked to take part in the J.Crew Icon Event in Century City on November 8! We’ll be styling, shopping and enjoying some refreshments from Murray’s Wine & Cheese in the store from 5-8pm. And there will be a gift with purchase during the event! Stop in to say Hi and get to know the fun “crew” at this store. I’m really excited about being a part of this event and I think it’s going to be lots of fun! If you’re in the area, I do hope to meet you.

1. Linda B Kerr
    October 30, 2018 / 3:53 am

The eye creme tempts me, but I’m disappointed that it has no SPF. It’s actually hard to find eye cremes that do have it. I wonder why they are so hard to find, seeing as this area is one you really want to protect.
    I use one from Shisheido that has one, and also instantly brightens the area (largely due to the mineral aspect of the SPF).

• Robin Sherman
      October 30, 2018 / 4:08 am

SUPERGOOP has a great eye cream too – SPF 37

• Lisa
      October 30, 2018 / 5:05 am

Origins has a good one.

2. Carol M
    October 30, 2018 / 5:24 am

Hi Susan ! I really enjoy your posts and have been following you for around 6 months now. I bought one of the beautiful French Kande necklaces 3 months ago and mine has turned quite dark on the chain where it touches the neck. I have an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner but they say it may remove the antiqued finish they apply to the chain. They say to buy a micro fiber cloth without a cleaner in it. I haven’t found one. Do u have any special cleaning method for all of yours ? Thanks so much for all of your great advice !!! Carol

October 30, 2018 / 5:57 am

Hi Carol, thanks! I have a cloth similar to this one: https://amzn.to/2yFq4J2 and find it works well to remove tarnish without removing the antique finish.

3. Eva
    October 30, 2018 / 7:19 am

WOW!! Congratulations!! I wish I were in the area at the time, I would definitely stop by! Have fun & we will be looking forward to seeing the pictures.
    Eva

4. Jane2
    October 30, 2018 / 10:45 am

Each time you post about Kande pieces, I love them – and this time I’m going to get one as they’re so lovely. Happy Holidays to me!

5. Renata
    November 2, 2018 / 11:32 am

Hello Susan,

I’ve discovered your blog few months ago and really love reading it. I share your love for France so looking at your travel pictures makes me happy. I wish I was in LA on the 8th. Looking forward to the post about it.
    Renata