Paris Travel Outfit #2

Travel outfit for Paris: style blogger Susan B. in Jardin du Luxembourg Paris, wearing a plaid scarf, puffer jacket, and Goyard tote. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

A Cold Afternoon In Jardin du Luxembourg

Here’s another travel outfit, utilizing pieces from my travel wardrobe. It was cold enough on Friday and Saturday that I added thermals underneath my clothes (both top and bottom) and was glad to have them.

I had a wonderful time with Josephine! We had a very full 2 days, including a visit to the Atelier des Lumiéres Klimt exhibition. It was absolutely breathtaking, an animated, immersive experience of art and music. Very emotional! Still images don’t do it justice. I’ll be sharing some videos on Instagram soon.

Image from Klimt exhibition at Atelier des Lumieres in Paris. Details at une femme d'un certain age.
Front entrance to Merci, Paris. Lovely store for home goods, gifts and fashion. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

We had a lovely lunch with Sharon Santoni at Merci (if you’re in the 3eme, this is a must-visit!), then crossed back over to to the Left Bank grab our cameras and take some outfit photos in the Jardin du Luxembourg. By then, it had turned quite cold and overcast.

A cold day in Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris. Wearing a puffer coat, scarf and gloves. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

Above, putting on my gloves! Brrr! After photos, we hustled off for a nice hot cup of tea.

Scarf (similar) | Jacket (similar) | Sweater |
Bag (similar) | Gloves (similar) | Pants | Boots

Style blogger Susan B. in Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris. Wearing a plaid scarf, puffer coat and Goyard tote. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

I decided to bring my Goyard tote with zip closure as my larger bag option. I also used this as my “personal item” for the flight over. It holds quite a lot!

We had a wonderful dinner that evening with Janice of The Vivienne Files. After all of these years, we were finally in the same city at the same time. It was such a pleasure to meet her! One of the best things about blogging has been the amazing women I’ve had the privilege to get to know.

Today, I’m off on a Fashion and Fragrance excursion with Paris Shopping Tour! Will take lots of photos and notes, and report back.

Speaking of staying warm, today you can get 25% off all cashmere capes and ponchos at Black.

And it’s not too late for some Paris-inspired style for the holidays: order French Kande (for yourself or a gift) with overnight shipping HERE. (Today’s the last day…)

Stay in touch.

1. Kellee
    December 18, 2018 / 2:43 am

Love the photos – I am hoping to get to Paris in March. Thank you for your insight and style.

2. Betsy Thompson
    December 18, 2018 / 4:52 am

Susan – are you staying at Hotel Luxembourg Parc? We’re staying there with our family in June.

December 18, 2018 / 7:18 am

Not this time, though we have stayed there in the past. It’s a lovely hotel!!

3. Marilyn
    December 18, 2018 / 5:13 am

I love the stitching detail on your parka. You have linked to a similar item that, while lovely, doesn’t have quite as much style. Although it may no longer be available, will you share the actual jacket you are wearing? Thanks.

December 18, 2018 / 7:18 am

Hi Marilyn, thanks! This is a Lands’ End packable down jacket from 2 years ago.

4. December 18, 2018 / 5:21 am

Hmmm. I follow all the ladies you mentioned. How fun it must have been to meet them all IRL.
    Those Goyard bags are made here in Carcassonne, in a secret location.

5. Sheri Baker
    December 18, 2018 / 5:59 am

Susan, what about hats for winter? I’ve noticed in quite a few videos and pictures that women don’t wear them much. That’s something I usually wear to keep warm. And I’m looking for ideas before my trip to Italy in January.

• Elizabeth
      December 18, 2018 / 10:43 am

I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago and EVERYONE was wearing hats, almost all the time, even when it didn’t seem cold enough to me to require them. Mostly knit caps, and of those, mostly bulky or cabled sweater-type knit, but some fedora-type felt hats. I saw quite a few of the latter in shop windows, but not as many on the street.

• Elizabeth
      December 18, 2018 / 10:46 am

I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago and EVERYONE was wearing hats, almost all the time, even when it didn’t seem cold enough to me to require them. Mostly knit caps, and of those, mostly bulky or cabled sweater-type knit, but there were some fedora-type felt hats. I saw quite a few of the latter in shop windows, but not as many on the street.

6. Mary Katherine Graetz
    December 18, 2018 / 6:41 am

So jealous you get to meet Sharon Santoni in person! Just subscribed to The Vivienne Files. I have discovered so many beloved bloggers from you – yes, you too, Taste of France! Stay warm, and I can’t wait to see what you get up to next!

7. Meg
    December 18, 2018 / 6:55 am

The Klimt exhibition photo is breathtaking! Thanks for ‘taking’ us along!

8. December 18, 2018 / 7:53 am

I love my thermals too… or ski underwear as we call them up here in Canada. Light-weight, they slip under jeans, and allow me to stay outside in the cold weather and still be toasty. Plus if I’m warm on the bottom half, I can get by with a light-weight coat on top. Lately I’ve been wearing a new light down jacket from Uniqlo with a cashmere top and my ski underwear bottoms under my jeans. And I’ve been lovely and warm at slightly below freezing temperatures. I save my big down coat for the really cold -10°C and below temps.
    Paris looks lovely in the winter, Sue. Hope you get at least a dusting of snow before you leave. That will make everything look even more amazing.

December 18, 2018 / 9:04 am

No snow in the forecast, but Paris is indeed lovely!

9. December 18, 2018 / 11:44 am

It looked as if there was a dusting of snow in your Luxembourg photo, but I guess it is just the cold grey ground.

The only problem with many European destinations this time of year is the very short days (Paris is north of Montréal). I’ve been to Copenhagen in December (briefly, to work at a meeting) and it always seemed dark.

I’m also on team Hat.

10. Rosie
    December 18, 2018 / 2:02 pm

So. Much. FUN !

Are you Ubering? Metro? Taxi? Bus?
    Very curious since my feet have aged out of the long walks ;))

• December 18, 2018 / 2:49 pm

There is now tramline 3 (3a & 3b) that will eventually ring Paris proper. You can walk INTO different points of the city, and some destinations are only a short walk, or bus trip. This is also very useful for people with disabilities as the Paris métro is far from universally accessible everywhere. I tried to copy the address of the Wiki article on the trams but it wouldn’t let me; you can also consult the RATP (Paris public transport system).

• Kay
      December 18, 2018 / 5:53 pm

Uber in Paris is very easy. Taxis often have long queues at the boarding points, and if there is something going on in the city (like Gay Pride when I was last there), it will be next to impossible to even hail a cab. I can’t walk very far, myself, so I have used Uber often while in Paris.

December 18, 2018 / 10:37 pm

I’ve used Uber once (very easy!), and the Metro a few times. When the distance isn’t too great and I’m not in a huge rush, my preference is to walk.

• Rosie
        December 19, 2018 / 2:05 pm

Marvelous info. Thanks gang! Uber has become my new best friend lately. Susan, enjoy the walking, (in handsome shoes no less 😉 while your feet still allow that luxury. xox