Un Cadeau

Christmas tree in front of Notre Dame cathedral, Paris. More at une femme d'un certain age.

Joyeux Noël! I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the Christmas decorations and window displays I spotted in Paris.

Christmas display at a Paris optical shop with metallic bears and miniature Christmas trees wearing sunglasses. More at une femme d'un certain age.

Christmas displays at a florist shop in Paris featuring a wooden dalmation with a top hat. More at une femme d'un certain age.

Modern "buche de Noël" pastries at Jacques Genin, Paris. More at une femme d'un certain age.

Above, a very modern take on the traditional “buche de Noël” at Jacques Genin on rue du Bac…

Buche de Noel pastries at Pierre Herme, Paris. More at une femme d'un certain age.

And at Pierre Hermé. If I thought I could’ve brought one of these home intact, I would have. 😋

Christmas lights on rue des Canettes, Paris. More at une femme d'un certain age.

Christmas window display at Mere de la Famille chocolate shop, Paris.

Christmas decor at Paris florist shop. More at une femme d'un certain age.

Christmas window display at Chatelles shoes, Paris. More at une femme d'un certain age.

And here are some of the wonderful displays I’ve shared on Instagram…

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by une femme d’un certain âge (@susan_unefemme) on

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by une femme d’un certain âge (@susan_unefemme) on

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by une femme d’un certain âge (@susan_unefemme) on

My best wishes to you for a warm and wonderful holiday!

More Photos From Paris Here.

Stay in touch.

1. Janice
    December 25, 2018 / 4:24 am

Thanks for the taste of Paris pictures and thanks for the work you do to keep us well dressed! Merry Christmas!

2. Marguerite Krenek
    December 25, 2018 / 6:10 am

So beautiful. Thanks for visiting Paris for all of us, this Noel! All the best in the New Year.

3. Tessa
    December 25, 2018 / 6:24 am

Thank you for sharing. I grew up just outside of Paris and now live in the OC. Your pictures brought back wonderful memories. Merci et joyeux noel!

4. susie
    December 25, 2018 / 6:42 am

I really appreciate you! Best wishes for a great New Year! You are such a great resource!

5. Victoria D.
    December 25, 2018 / 7:00 am

This was a real treat. I adore Paris but will probably never get to visit at the holiday season, so thank you for the wonderful glimpse.
    Merry Christmas to you, Susan, and to everyone reading your wonderful blog!

6. Eileen
    December 25, 2018 / 7:01 am

Merci, for all you do. What a nice way to start the morning.

7. Brenda
    December 25, 2018 / 8:23 am

Un gros merci pour les belles photos ! Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee !

8. Sally
    December 25, 2018 / 9:15 am

Thank you for sharing the magic of Paris! Have a wonderful holiday season. Here’s to a great new year !

9. Lynnw
    December 25, 2018 / 12:38 pm

Thanks for sharing the holiday photos of Paris. I love your perspective on French life. Enjoy a lovey season.

10. Marie M
    December 25, 2018 / 8:07 pm

Merci for thé beautiful treat of holiday Paris. It is a treasured gift!

11. Kay
    December 25, 2018 / 9:49 pm

Galleries Lafayette! Wonderful! I could stare at that dome all day.

12. Sara
    December 26, 2018 / 5:47 am

Susan, thank you for these great photos. Your photography has improved much over time; what a beautiful time to visit France.

13. Marybeth
    December 26, 2018 / 8:10 am

Oh, so fabulous! Thank you, Susan!!!! You do great work! xoxo

14. Nancy H. Hall
    December 26, 2018 / 9:06 am

How lovely! Thank you for the pictures – I want the dog in the hat!!!
    Thank you for your blog – it is so well done – I always looks forward to reading it.
    Happy Holidays.

15. December 26, 2018 / 10:01 am

Joyeuses fêtes et retour du soleil! Those are lovely. I like the fact that there are also small, elegant bûches for two or three people at that pâtisserie.

I also loved the dog and horse, but I’ve been a critter-lover since my earliest memories. Respect to service, first responder and assistance animals, including the brave Diesel, who is buried in a longstanding animal cemetery in the Paris suburbs.

Greetings to Monsieur Pseu et le Jeune Monsieur Pseu, and so happy that the latter has found a spot with young people with the same requirements and is able to flourish.

16. December 27, 2018 / 10:20 am

It’s all so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us. Joyeux Noel!

17. Mary Katherine
    December 28, 2018 / 9:36 am

What an absolute TREAT these are! Thanks so much. I’m really enjoying the before, during and after of our – I mean, YOUR trip to Paris.

Merci pour le cadeau!
    Mary Katherine

18. Ann in Missouri
    December 31, 2018 / 9:55 am

So, so beautiful. A little like visiting Paris for Christmas. Thanks, Susan.