If you don’t need or want to wear full-on foundation, or are looking for a product that combines functions of moisturizer, sunscreen and light foundation in one, a BB cream might be an option for you. I’ve tried a few different department store brands with mixed results. Karen had been after me for months to try this Maybelline BB Cream. She felt it was just as good as some of the pricier BB creams.
I finally got my mitts on some a few weeks ago and tested it for a few days. (Our local drugstore cosmetic departments seem to be in a perpetually depleted state, and it took a while to get the right shade.) I have to say…this stuff is pretty good.
- Good range of shades…have often had trouble finding BB creams that were light enough for my skin tone.
- Goes on smoothly, doesn’t cake. It’s more fluid than many BB creams I’ve tried.
- Gives a soft radiant finish, a little “dewy.”
- Doesn’t settle in lines or pores.
- Great price!
- Doesn’t seem to last as long as other BB creams. Noticed that my skin seemed “bare” by mid-afternoon.
- The actual amount of sunscreen ingredients is actually quite low. (Titanium dioxide 1.15%) I’d guess you’d have to apply the product pretty heavily to actually get the 30 SPF indicated on the package. If you need sun protection, you might want to use a broad spectrum sunscreen underneath this.
- If you prefer a more matte finish, you might want to use a translucent powder over this cream…it’s definitely a little on the shiny side.
Overall, I’d probably give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Have you tried BB creams? Do you have a favorite?
Affiliate links in this post may generate commissions for unefemme.net.