Not my grand-mere’s pearls…

posted in: Jewelry | 21

I’m crazy for these Chan Luu pearl and leather bracelets from Garnet Hill. This combination adds edge to a classic.Pearl and nugget wrap bracelets, $158-168.

Multistrand leather bracelet, $180.

Leather and pearl wrap bracelet, $138. I want that blue one!
~

All original content property of http://www.unefemme.net

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 United States License.

21 Responses

1. Deb

I love those wrap bracelets as well!
    I made a few and they came out quiet beautifully…

2. Frugal Scholar

I was going to say that Garnet Hill should be having its big summer sale soon, but I think Deb’s comment is even better!

3. materfamilias

I’m such a fan of Chan Luu’s designs — these are great examples! I love the mix of leather and pearls, just gently subsersive enough . . .

4. Anonymous

Beladora2 has some very reasonable pearl bracelets. Why not buy something like that and mix it with an inexpensive leather bracelet? When the fad dies you still have a classic piece of jewelry which will always look good.

5. Sher

I love any pearls. I have a pair of silver on a ring that I want reset into earings.

6. LPC

Love those. Love the contrast of leather and pearls.

7. Parisienne Farmgirl

I love those ones on the top! They are elegant and edgy!!!

8. Imogen Lamport

they are yummy!

9. Anonymous

Yum! Those blue ones ARE great– and just right for your colour palette.

10. StyleSpy

OH! OH!! ::fans self:: I love it when designers funkify pearls, it’s one of my favorite things.

11. citizen spot

For the love of Pete, don’t buy one of these from a store! You can learn to make one at any bead shop. It is really quite easy, as Deb’s link shows. Just buy the pearl beads ($$) and the leather, and clasps and crimps. A pair of needle nose pliers (ok, maybe 2 pair) and voila, same stylish look without the outlandish markup. I’m just saying. ; )

12. Belle de Ville

Way to go Anon…also the Gem Gossip girl has a great post on mixing girly pearls with gold chain bracelets for a look that’s more hip.
    I agree with Parisian Farmgirl’s take…leather + pearls = elegant and edgy
    And thank you to Deb for the info on how to create a beaded-leather-wrap bracelet…I’ve got the components and the needle nose pliers, but I wish I had the time!

13. metscan

If the pearls were real-yes I know, the price would be a whole lot more- I might be interested.

14. Duchesse

Pearls! I like Chan Luu too.

Do not mix pearls and chain unless you are willing to abrade the pearls. If they are inexpensive, you may not mind risking it… but I’d keep Tahitians away. The only thing that is supposed to touch fine pearls is another pearl.

As far as the fad dying, you can always get the pearls restrung, as another option.

15. metscan

Duchesse: I totally agree with you. I wish to wear my pearls in the classic way, as a necklace, earrings or on a ring, tahitians and south sea pearls. But if I were young, I probably would like the ones pictured on this site.

16. vicki archer

These pearl bracelets are gorgeous…give me lots of them worn together, I think they look fabulous. xv

17. La Belette Rouge

Ooh, those wrap bracelets are lovely.

18. Karen

I’ve been craving leather lately too! It’s such a neat way to wear pearls, and yes, I love the edge! Have a great time on your trip!

19. sallymandy

I loved those, too, when I got the GH catalog. Cannot pay that during my spending hiatus, sadly. That’s okay.

20. sally mims

Throughly enjoying your blog. Will be viewing the coming new year.

I visited Paris once with my son (he was in the service) and have never stopped loving it. I read most of the blogs about Paris. Thanks for all you contribute

21. California Girl

If you ever visit Garnet Hill in person, let me know and I’ll drive over to meet you. It’s about 30 minutes from where I live! They have an awesome operation.