Party Shoes That Won’t Leave You Stuck In The Grass…

a block heel pump is perfect for special occasion dressing for outdoor events

It’s June, the season of weddings, graduations, and other celebrations that may include cocktails in a tent and a traipse across a wide expanse of lawn. Flats are one option, but if you want to wear a bit of heel without planting yourself in the turf, here are a few dressier styles with block heels. I’ve included both sandals and closed-toe styles below. Many of these are on sale, too! (Above: if you can tolerate a mid-heel, here’s a gorgeous brocade pump.)

metallic low-heel sandal

A metallic low-heeled sandal like this one will look equally fabulous with a party dress or jeans.

More Special Occasion Shoes

1. Thea
    June 2, 2017 / 4:29 am

Love all these shoes! They remind me of the Papagallo block heel sandal my dear mother rocked, back in the 70’s! She always looked chic, and was able to keep up with the 5 kids in a reasonable heel height!

I will be wearing this style going forward; Classic, chic, sophisticated. Thanks, Susan, for showing me the way!

2. June 2, 2017 / 4:35 am

I also love these, but especially that first pair. Happy feet!

3. Denise Lalande
    June 2, 2017 / 4:54 am

I always like reading your posts,,love those shoes !!

4. Mary Perez
    June 2, 2017 / 7:42 am

great post…recently have seen “those who will be unnamed” teetering across long stretches of lawn and up very steep stairs in spike heels and very tight skirts. How can you be in a good mood coping with that?

5. Jo
    June 2, 2017 / 8:57 am

Thea’s mention of her mother’s Papagallo sandals reminded me of the taupe Papagallo block heel pumps I wore for my high school graduation in 1976. I kept them in the original box and are in my “museum” closet. The quality is superb, and I could wear them except they are a size 7.5 and I now wear a 9!

• Thea
      June 2, 2017 / 2:51 pm

If you want to sell them, let me know! I’m a 7.5 and profile with my mom’s hot pink ones in the summer! So fun!!

6. June 2, 2017 / 11:42 am

The Marc Fisher brocade pumps are fabulous!
    And they aren’t just “special occasion” shoes that you hardly ever wear—in fact they’d look great with jeans and a white shirt.

7. June 2, 2017 / 1:29 pm

I absolutely love your blog, your style, your advice. Suite me to a tee — probably because I am also Susan B. Thanks for being you and sharing.

8. Nicole K
    June 2, 2017 / 3:39 pm

I can recommend the AGL ankle strap block heel pumps. I bought them in black and they are super comfortable and versatile. And a great deal on sale!