What I Wore In Paris, Part Deux

Sitting at the cafe in Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

Today’s my last full day in Paris, so I’m going to keep this post short and get out there and enjoy it as much as I can. Don’t worry; I have lots more photos and recaps to share with you, so stay tuned!

We had a break in the rain mid-day yesterday, so Josephine and I decided to snap some photos in the Jardin du Luxembourg. The autumn light was really soft and lovely.

Autumn colors in Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

I’d picked up this down vest earlier in the day at Uniqlo to add a lightweight but warm layer underneath my utility jacket. Friends of mine have been raving about these vests (and jackets), and now I’m joining the chorus. Really warm, and not bulky at all! Once again, I went with an autumnal color.

Outfit with gold uniqlo down vest. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

Wearing: scarf (similar) | sweater (similar) | necklace (similar) | vest | braceletpants | boots (similar)

Because of the on-again-off-again rain showers, I’ve been sticking with my weatherproof boots.

Outfit photos by Josephine of Chic At Any Age.

From the Jardin du Luxembourg on a sunnier day…

More #Paris pretty. #paristravel #travelblogger #autumninparis #sundayinthepark

A post shared by une femme d’un certain âge (@susan_unefemme) on

Reminders…

If you haven’t already entered to win a copy of “Know Your Style” by Alyson Walsh, you still have one day to do so. Go HERE and follow instructions to enter.

Shifting continents for a moment, if you’re in the Los Angeles area this week, you have an opportunity to see and purchase French Kande jewelry in person! They’re hosting an Open House this Thursday, October 26 from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm so you can shop the best pieces from their fall collection. Address is:

312 E. Imperial Avenue
El Segundo, CA
310-414-3400

À bientôt!

1. October 24, 2017 / 3:09 am

Love Uniqlo. Love Paris (only 8 weeks to go now). And how lovely is that picture of you in the brown vest against the colour of the autumn leaves. Looking forward to your pictures and recap.

2. Mimi Wan
    October 24, 2017 / 4:23 am

Thank you for the suggestion for the vest at Uniqlo! I have been looking to get a new one this season and could not figure out which one I wanted. I love this shop for its basics!

3. October 24, 2017 / 4:49 am

(sigh) … only one more day!

These orange/gold/bronze/brown color choices you’ve made lately are astonishingly flattering on you. Again, you inspire me to try those choices for myself.

Bon voyage!

4. Paula Evans
    October 24, 2017 / 4:53 am

What happened to all the blue outfits you were packing as an alternative to black?

October 24, 2017 / 5:56 am

See yesterday’s post. 🙂

5. Mary Beth Duke
    October 24, 2017 / 5:21 am

I keep trying to enter the giveaway without success!

6. October 24, 2017 / 5:30 am

That’s a great vest, Sue. I looked and looked for one last fall to take to South America. But all I could find were ones that were either too short in the body, or had hoods. Really like the bronzy colour, too. Works well with those iconic green chairs. I adore those chairs. We were in Paris in 2015, and I’d love to go back. And travelling on my own and meeting up with friends, like you’re doing, sounds like the perfect was to do that.

7. Deborah Lindsay
    October 24, 2017 / 5:35 am

Love the photo with the green cafe chairs- so French!

8. amidprivilege
    October 24, 2017 / 6:37 am

The color of that vest is so perfect for you I can’t find the right adjective!

And to anyone wondering if the UNIQLO vests and jackets are all that, I can vouch for them. I have a black jacket and a navy one – they even dress up pretty well, almost Chanel-esque – and a gray vest. Also the fabric is so nice and silky to the touch! Endorse .

9. October 24, 2017 / 6:57 am

Everyone is wearing those down vests. It’s still quite warm in the south, but mornings and evenings are chilly, and a down vest is just the thing.
    I love the color you chose, and how well it works with your scarf.

10. Cindy Lou
    October 24, 2017 / 7:46 am

My friend just came back from Paris two weeks ago and she said all the women, no matter their coloring, wore some form of red lipstick. Did you find this to be the case?

October 24, 2017 / 7:48 am

Not all women, but a great many more of them than on previous visits. It’s definitely a trend.

11. October 24, 2017 / 8:01 am

That vest is a great colour on you! I picked up the little down jacket at Uniqlo a few visits ago and it’s so handy — mine is a sort of burnished gold, and it’s light enough that it can layer under a coat if it’s really chilly. Enjoy your last day!

12. October 24, 2017 / 8:07 am

Those vests rock – I’m wearing mine in my chilly apartment even as I type…
    I’m so glad that you’re having a wonderful vacation – my envy is almost balanced out by my vicarious pleasure in your photographs!
    hugs,
    Janice

13. Daniella Karo
    October 24, 2017 / 10:42 am

Enfin, tres chic!!

14. Nicole
    October 24, 2017 / 10:53 am

What color is the vest you chose? There’s an orange, beige and brown. I love the orange as it looks coppery but I wonder if it’s more pumpkin in person. 🙂

October 24, 2017 / 12:06 pm

Hi Nicole, mine’s the Brown.

15. Nicole
    October 24, 2017 / 12:17 pm

Hi Susan, and thank you. I leave on Saturday for New England and tonight it’s choosing the bag, scarves and jewelry!

16. Linda Kennedy
    October 24, 2017 / 1:15 pm

You are visiting all of my favorite sites. I have both the vest and short jacket from Uniqlo. They fit into a small pouch which is great for travel.

17. Maggie
    October 24, 2017 / 3:12 pm

Allergic to down so out of the Uniqlo fan club……

18. Jill
    October 25, 2017 / 3:16 am

I have a bone colored vest like that with gold zippers….I love it….I think I will pair it with the black. You look amazing, as always. And Paris is such a lovely place to stroll!

19. Carol
    October 25, 2017 / 3:20 am

Love the down vest and am wondering (as usual) what size you got???

October 25, 2017 / 11:12 am

Hi Carol, the Medium was a good fit. Snug but not tight.

20. Maria
    October 25, 2017 / 5:24 am

Just gorgeous!!

21. October 25, 2017 / 12:11 pm

This vest must be similar to the one you described but didn’t buy. I bet this was a better deal. Looking forward to seeing your next posts. And I still like those French Kande necklaces. One day I will order one.
    Greetje

22. Carol
    October 26, 2017 / 3:27 am

Thank you!

23. October 28, 2017 / 1:26 am

The Uniqlo down jackets are fab, so light weight and some lovely new colours (kept seeing the ads on the Metro!)

24. October 31, 2017 / 8:56 pm

I fell in love with Uniqlo when I lived in Japan. It’s finally come to Canada, but at this point the closest store is in Vancouver, a two day drive from here! Fortunately, I’ll be there for Christmas!