you had me at “asymmetry”

Stella Carakasi asymmetrical sweaterIt’s true…I’ve rarely met an asymmetrical hem I didn’t love. This is the Works Every Time sweater from Stella Carakasi, and the style is right in my wheelhouse. I love the soft color and interesting texture, as well as the dramatic shape.

Stella Carakasi sweater, French Kande jewelry

This is definitely a Statement Sweater that works best as the focal point of an outfit. I kept everything else simple, echoing the blue denim in the jewelry from French Kande. Though there’s a bit of volume to this sweater, the knit is light and semi-sheer so it doesn’t overwhelm. I’m wearing the XS in color “Stone.”

earrings | sweater (c/o Stella Carakasi) | necklace | bracelet (similar) | bag | jeans | sandals

French Kande jewelry, Givenchy Pandora bag

What design elements get you every time?

What to wear with your Statement Sweater…

This post contains affiliate links which may generate commissions for unefemme.net. See complete disclosure policy here. Sweater provided by Stella Carakasi for review.

1. April 26, 2016 / 2:57 am

I love the way the sleeves are different, with fitted on one side and sweeping on the other.

2. Susan
    April 26, 2016 / 3:42 am

I really like the style, it looks great as it still give you shape and doesn’t overwhelm you. I bought a similar style, different brand, but black and made from bamboo linen.

3. Marianne
    April 26, 2016 / 4:20 am

Love it on you!

4. Kellee
    April 26, 2016 / 5:48 am

Love this look! such a terrific and flattering sweater. I would normally not look at a sweater with this type of sleeve, but I think I might need to look again!

5. April 26, 2016 / 6:58 am

My daughter and I both found almost exactly the same sweater-heavier “winter” knit-at Target last fall. Ended up going back for them in more colors and they were favorite sweaters for BOTH of us. Pretty much the only time ever I have purchased the same item as my daughter. (I’m 60, she’s 18). The cut definitely elevated any outfit and I constantly had people asking me where I got my sweater. Enjoy it-the name is appropriate.

6. Kathy
    April 26, 2016 / 7:33 am

I’m with you on asymmetry – one of my favorite sweaters is by Planet, with an asymmetrical hem and gorgeous asymmetrical drapey ballet neckline. I bought it years ago and get compliments every time I wear it. I wear it with simple leggings and tall boots so that, as you said, it can be the focal point. I love this Stella sweater on you – elegant and unique.

7. April 26, 2016 / 8:10 am

It;s good to see you, Susan! Love the Stella top with the French Kande…and I am a big fan of asymmetry.

8. April 26, 2016 / 10:57 am

I love the line and how the sweater looks so darn soft! Great piece with drama and a casual vibe.

9. Nicole Kowalski
    April 26, 2016 / 11:17 am

Definitely you! You look so comfortable and happy in this ensemble. Love it!

10. Darlene
    April 26, 2016 / 12:09 pm

I love that sweater on you!!!

11. Joyce
    April 26, 2016 / 6:37 pm

Before I even checked I knew the purse was Givenchy..oh be still my heart . ..never underestimate the power of a delicious purse !

12. bellsonme
    April 26, 2016 / 8:12 pm

It takes seeing an interesting sweater like this on someone who knows how to wear it as you do, to really appreciate how nice asymmetrical can look.

13. April 27, 2016 / 2:21 am

Beautiful, really cool and sophisticated. Fantastic top and I love the necklace with it. I saw Pam fom over50feeling40 who was wearing one of the French Kandle necklaces as well and recognised it immediately. They are ever so nice.
    Greetje

14. Valerie
    April 27, 2016 / 9:43 am

Not to repeat what everyone else has already said, but … I LOVE this sweater and it looks great on you. It’s already far too warm to wear sweaters here in southwest Florida … we won’t be pulling out our sweaters again until December.

15. happinessatmidlife
    April 27, 2016 / 8:20 pm

What a great top, I always struggle with wearing anything that’s asymmetrical because I feel so unbalanced.

Alice

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

16. April 27, 2016 / 11:24 pm

This looks really soft and cosy, I likea how you have styled it.