Room With A View: Paris

hotel terrace eiffel tower view

Yes, this is just about the best ever. I gasped when I saw this view.

I hope you’ll forgive me if this post is short, but we got in later than we’d hoped yesterday due to horrible traffic snarls so we’re going to hit the ground running this morning. More from Paris soon!!

À bientôt!

1. Kari
    July 13, 2016 / 3:28 am

Deserving of gasp for sure. I absolutely love the view !

2. July 13, 2016 / 4:10 am

I love those roofs. I just learned that the style was developed to replace the medieval wood structures with stone vaults holding up the roofs, which accounts for the shape. The wood had a bad habit of burning down.

3. July 13, 2016 / 5:38 am

The lighting. The raindrops on the table–crumbs of the previous evening’s downpour perhaps. The Eiffel tower peeking out in the near distance. Made me very emotional for certain reasons. Enjoy your stay!!

4. Jackie
    July 13, 2016 / 5:48 am

I love Paris roof top views! Looks like you’ve landed in a gorgeous spot. Enjoy your Paris visit. I’m always looking forward to your next post!

5. July 13, 2016 / 6:03 am

Such a beautiful view! Are you in the 7th? The Eiffel tower looks close. Enjoy your Paris days.

6. July 13, 2016 / 6:08 am

Wonderful! And I’ll bet you’re having a splendid day there. Can’t wait to hear what you’re up to. bisous, f

7. Linda Boardman Kerr
    July 13, 2016 / 6:33 am

C’est parfait!

8. Joann Decker
    July 13, 2016 / 8:03 am

Could the blue sky and architecture be more glorious? Its gorgeous.
    Joann

9. Cheryl Ann
    July 13, 2016 / 5:27 pm

Just beautiful…can’t wait for more. Have a fabulous time!

10. July 13, 2016 / 6:18 pm

Tomorrow (early today where you are) is le 14 juillet. I’m not one for huge crowds and military parades – though France does them very well – but there will be a lot of neighbourhood celebrations tomorrow, such as les bals des pompiers, a more down-to-earth way of recognizing local heroes and having a good time.

11. July 14, 2016 / 12:27 pm

And the 14th culminates with fireworks at Tour Eiffel, so you’ll have an excellent view! Probably haven’t started yet … summer days are long in Paris.

Is that a hotel room or a pension/rental? The balcony and table look more residential.

July 14, 2016 / 1:42 pm

lagatta, we’re about 20 minutes out, and watching the pre-fireworks concert on French channel 2…really wonderful!!

• July 14, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Well, you can watch the show from your temporary abode, without standing in a crowd.

But alas it has become a very sad day in France… Will there even be a show?

12. July 14, 2016 / 2:11 pm

Happy Bastille Day!!

13. September 8, 2016 / 11:47 am

How fun that we were in Paris at the same time! Gorgeous view! Off to check out more of your time in Paris. I’m still working my way through our time in Italy on my blog. So much photo inspiration on our travels, right?
    Enjoy your next adventures to NYC and Japan!!
    xx, Heather