A French Country Garden

rose in French country garden

For three of the six days we were in Normandy, we had the pleasure of staying at the guest cottage of Sharon Santoni, who writes the gorgeous blog My French Country Home. My photos don’t hold a candle to hers, but the garden was so lovely I couldn’t resist taking lots of snaps, and wanted to share a few with you.

farmhouse guest cottage in Normandy

playing with Gibson in the garden

antique milk jugs

inside the cottage

family dogs Gibson and Ghetto

blooms in Normandy

French country cottage kitchen

French country cottage outdoor dining

We enjoyed breakfast out at this table each morning, complete with fresh fruit from the local farmers’ market.

Sharon also recently published a book, My Stylish French Girlfriends, and if you love French decor and gardens, you’ll love this book. You can also see some of her videos here, that give you a little taste of life in France. Thank you again, Sharon, for a wonderful stay!

Share:
This post contains affiliate links which may generate commissions for unefemme.net. See complete disclosure policy here.

1. July 28, 2016 / 5:30 am

The photos are placing me into a very ethereal state of mind. I love them so much. And–that’s one of the reasons why I love France so much. You have the greatest cities like Paris, Lyon, and Nice. You have great beaches both on the Atlantic side and the Cote d’Azur. And you just have wonderful villages, towns and homes just like the one pictures. The setting you are in is bucolic perfection!

2. Kathleen
    July 28, 2016 / 6:53 am

I love the picture of you with that adorable dog! Were you speaking to him/her in French? 🙂

3. July 28, 2016 / 8:08 am

Looks lovely. I love Sharon’s blog!

4. July 28, 2016 / 9:21 am

What lovely photos, and what a joy it must have been to sit in that tranquil garden each morning with your breakfast.

5. Meg
    July 28, 2016 / 11:05 am

Ah! the spotted curtains, so darn cute! Love the dahlias too, very beautiful. Thanks for the photos.

6. Cheryl Ann
    July 28, 2016 / 11:49 am

Why is it that “well loved” homes in France look charming & inviting…even for me a germaphobe? That same look in the U.S. is just worn out & in need of cleaning. Truly, I am puzzled! Viva la difference!

• July 28, 2016 / 6:23 pm

I don’t know, but I don’t get the connection between well-worn and “germy”. Both the main house and the little guest house (which looks a lot like old houses here in Québec, as most settlers came from Northwestern France (Normandy, Britanny and nearby provinces) look very clean. And brand new furnishings can be filthy.

7. July 28, 2016 / 9:36 pm

Still loving your photo tour of your recent trip to France, thanks for sharing. The beautiful parterre…

8. Rosemary
    July 29, 2016 / 3:07 am

What a lovely place to relax. It’s really interesting looking at gardens and out on walks I really enjoy looking at what people do with them. The allotments opposite us are a constant source of interest. Yesterday I went up to Le Jardin des Cimes at Plateau d’Assy which is a wonderfully imaginative garden and well worth a visit. http://www.jardindescimes.com/en/.

9. Leslie in Oregon
    July 29, 2016 / 3:16 pm

I’m so glad you got to meet and spend time with Gibson and Ghetto, both of whom I’ve long admired. The photograph of you with Gibson is priceless and conveys beautifully the large hearts of each of you!

10. Linda L
    July 29, 2016 / 6:02 pm

a beautiful garden! I have enjoyed your pictures so much! Thanks for sharing!

11. July 31, 2016 / 8:08 am

This is soooo lovely, what a beautiful garden- takes us back to France 🙂

12. stylecrone
    August 5, 2016 / 9:16 am

Smashing. Love the red bag with your top, which is the perfect Paris find. You become more beautiful with each passing month!