Wait…Where Are We Again?

Henri Le Roux in Tokyo

According to our walking tour guide, the Japanese are as enamored of all things French as some of us in the States, but especially with the food. And that quickly became obvious, the more of the city we saw…

Jean Paul Hevin in Tokyo

I’ve spotted three different Jean Paul Hevin shops during our wanderings. (Paris has three.) If you’re visiting either Tokyo or Paris, these are some of the best chocolates you’ll find in either city.

French bread in Tokyo

French pastries in Tokyo

The text on the windows says “Autumn In Paris.” In English.

French food in the Tokyo metro

After a while I gave up taking pictures of every French-themed restaurant or food shop I saw, because they are everywhere!

creperie in Tokyo

Très amusant, n’est-ce pas?

1. September 27, 2016 / 3:46 am

And in France, to be cool, you say it or write it in English.

2. September 27, 2016 / 4:45 am

Fascinating – thanks for taking the time to share it with us! Travel well, and safely….
    hugs,
    Janice

3. Marie M
    September 27, 2016 / 5:13 am

What’s the weather like? What have you eaten? Where have you gone? What have you been wearing? What are your favorites? Dis nous s’il te plait. 🙂

September 27, 2016 / 2:16 pm

Soon! 😉 We’re hunkered down on a boat in the rain today, so I’ll be going through my photos putting a post or two together…

4. September 27, 2016 / 8:11 am

I belive it was the Japanese won a French baking competition. Can you belive the Japanese beating the French. You’re seeing the results. Funny. Loving taking the trip with you.

5. (another) Susan B
    September 27, 2016 / 9:00 am

In Paris you’ve probably noticed that many of the high end chocolatiers are staffed with Japanese women. IIRC the Breton confisier-chocolatier Henri LeRoux opened a Japanese outpost before he set up shop in Paris. I have read that the Japanese are even more exacting about food presentation than the already-fussy French.

6. Mary Ann Hart
    September 27, 2016 / 9:30 am

I visited Japan – gosh almost 20 years ago, and in a Tokyo department store (??) I bought the most exquisite embossed leather wallet – very expensive for me at the time, but it is still going strong, and I still love it. Also, as souvenirs, I bought handkerchiefs for both men and women. Again, there was an exquisite selection of prints, and so easy to pack. Everyone could use one, if only for weddings and memorial services.

7. September 27, 2016 / 10:42 am

Thanks for sharing your photos of the various French inspired shops… I had no idea! For me – it is exciting to hear this Susan. . . I just opened my first customer/boutique in Japan, and I am hopeful that the Japanese people will like French Kande!

8. September 30, 2016 / 10:00 am

I remember dining at Maxim’s in Tokyo years ago at a super-odd hour so we could get in. Hahaha – so much fun, checking prices to make sure my girlfriend and I could afford to pay our bill. I hope you had some excellent dining experiences during your stay.