Chocolate Shops Of Paris

Paris chocolaterie

Happy Valentine’s Day! Paris is known for its delightful window displays, and the chocolate shops and patissieries are no exception. Here are a few of the windows I captured during my visit in December; due to the season many have a Christmas theme.

Puyricard chocolates of Provence

This shop, Puyricard, features artisanal chocolates from Provence. They’re on rue Cherche-Midi, and the shopkeeper was a delightful woman. I brought a box of these home for le Monsieur; highly recommend!

Paris patisierrie, buche de Noel

Josephine and I passed this window on our way to the d’Orsay RER station. Had to stop and drool for a few minutes.

Laduree window, macarons

Above, the Ladurée on rue Royale.

Paris chocolat shop, Michel Cluizel

Michel Cluizel chocolates

The two photos above are from Michel Cluizel. Those “sardines” are actually foil-wrapped chocolates.

Jaques Genin chocolates, 7eme

Jaques Genin, 7eme

chocolate shop Jacques Genin

Jacques Genin on rue Varenne has a very modernist, minimalist look. The chocolates are eclectic and exquisite!

Paris chocolate shop

The photo below is from 2015, and yes, that’s a chocolate stiletto…

Jean Paul Hevin chocolate

Jean Paul Hevin. (We also saw several of his shops in Japan.)

Hope you’re having a sweet day!

1. February 14, 2017 / 6:06 am

The very best chocolates are Belgian, but France makes a good showing. These are beautiful. I might have to run out to get some myself. And we have a choice, with numerous artisanal chocolateries here, as well as a Belgian transplant. So much for the diet.

2. February 14, 2017 / 7:52 am

Oh my gosh, this is where you would find me in Paris, at all the chocolate shops. Thanks for sharing the photos, Susan. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.

3. PresDuLac
    February 14, 2017 / 8:53 am

Wonderful photos as usual and those sardines look so real!
    Around Easter, specifically April 1, fish as well as bunnies and other Easter icons will appear in the chocolate shops.
    In France, April 1 aka April Fool’s Day is known as Le Poisson d’Avril, literally Fish of April.

4. Joanna
    February 14, 2017 / 10:03 am

Those are a work of art. I would find it terrible hard to resist. Impossible!
    In the past, I treated myself to a small piece of dark chocolate every night. Then, I found my weight creeping up so I stopped. it is an occasional treat now.
    Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

5. Ann
    February 14, 2017 / 10:31 am

Sweet, sweet, sweet! My husband also thanks you for today’s blog post — he adores Paris AND chocolates. This year, he was wise enough to give me roses and NOT to gift me with chocolates. But I did not fail to give him some. 🙂

6. February 14, 2017 / 11:02 am

Happy Valentine’s Day. Under normal circumstances I would be looking at those photos for hours. But I’m now on Day 3 of the worst stomach bug ever. I just got back from the doctor and was warned that I have to eat or else I’ll be in the hospital to get an IV. The thought of any food still makes me queazy. You know you are sick when you can’t look at chocolates–especially Parisienne chocolat!!!