Home and unpacked…it’s a good feeling!
Skincare Shopping At The French Pharmacie
Here’s my “haul” from CityPharma in Paris. It’s like a regular French parapharmacie on steroids, and with discounted prices. Go early before the crowds, and take advantage of the knowledgeable staff on the floor. I came home with some new-to-me products recommended by the saleswoman who was helping us out.
- Darphin Soleil Plaisir SPF 50. I asked for a recommendation for a facial sunscreen with high SPF that would work well under a tinted moisturizer or foundation. This was her #1 recommendation. The texture is very nice, and it doesn’t “pill” or feel greasy.
- Ahava “Time To Revitalize” Extreme Eye Firming Cream. When she noticed the eye cream already in my shopping basket (one I’ve used off and on for years), she said “that’s not the right one for you,” and steered me toward a couple of options. She mentioned that this one has anti-oxidants and caffeine to reduce puffiness, and that it lifts and firms. Will be trying this in the morning. It’s paraben-free.
- Ahava “Time To Revitalize” Extreme Night Treatment. Since I was on a roll with the sunscreen and eye cream, I decided to ask her about products to help firm my neck. She recommended two, and this one was the less expensive option. She told me to use it on face and neck at night, as a serum. Also paraben-free.
- Vichy 3-in-1 Cleanser. This is actually something I’ve used and loved for years. It’s a gentle cleanser that you can even use around the eyes. I replenish when I’m in France because it’s cheaper there.
- Konjac Sponge. Josephine recommended this, and it’s new to me. It’s supposed to be an extremely gentle tool for cleansing and exfoliating the skin. I’ll be trying it out tonight.
Your turn: favorite drugstore beauty product, or something new you’ve tried lately that you love?
Stay in touch
Sign up to be notified of new posts and updates from une femme d’un certain âge.