Leopard Print Is A Neutral…
But very few are neutral about leopard print. I find that people tend to either love it or hate it. I’ve been in the “love it” camp longer than I can remember. I like how leopard print coat adds some Casual Glamour to a simple jeans outfit, but you can also throw it on over your Little Black (or Little Navy) dress.
Anatomy of a Look:
- Coat. I really liked this cotton twill coat from Ganni. It’s lightweight enough to wear several months out of the year here. But I couldn’t justify a second leopard print coat at this point. My resolve may weaken as time goes on.
- Bag. I love how red looks against leopard. Or with anything, really. It’s lightweight, and holds more than you’d imagine for a bag this size.
- Earrings. Pearls with an edge.
- Jeans. Slim leg but not skinny.
- Sweater. I’m cheering that elbow sleeves are back.
- Cuff bracelet. Complements the earrings, and I like how the irregular shape of the stones calls back to the shape of the leopard spots. Plus, it’s on sale.
- Pumps. As I mentioned in a recent Instagram post, these kitten heel pumps are looking fresh and modern to me again.
If you’ve had a leopard print coat or jacket on your wish list, NOW is the time to go a-hunting. I spent years searching for just the right one, and found that the good ones tend to sell out quickly in the season. All of these are fabric or faux fur.
Just A Little Leopard…
If you prefer your leopard print in smaller doses, a bag, scarf, or pair of shoes is a subtle way to incorporate this timeless print.
Do you have a favorite leopard print item in your wardrobe? Is there one you’re still searching for?