On My Style Radar: Autumn Blues And Greens

Outfit: a spruce green jacket and leopard print bag add some interest and oomph to navy separates. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

Fall clothes and accessories are beginning to hit the shelves, and I’ve spied some really gorgeous colors this season. I posted previously about some of the spice tones that caught my attention. When we think of fall fashion colors, it’s those warm, earthy tones that often come to mind. But those who prefer cooler colors have some wonderful options too.

Above: fragrance | jacket | bag | sweater | pants | earrings | bracelet | boots

Blues And Greens For Autumn?

Pantone 2017 color swatches. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

I’m always curious to see what colors Pantone releases for the upcoming fashion season. While Pantone’s predictions don’t always pan out when it comes to what’s actually available, I’m beginning to see iterations of “Shaded Spruce,” “Marina,” and “Navy Peony” offered. And that’s good news, because these colors are easy to wear and mix.

In the outfit above, I’ve created a softer look with a navy base, which would work well with both the spruce and marina colors, as well as some of the warmer colors in the palette. The jacket is from Theory, in the color Billiard.

Asymmetrical wool coat in Spruce color. Details at une femme d'un certain age.

And here’s a more budget-friendly option to the Theory jacket. It’s available in Regular, Petites and Plus sizes.

Eileen Fisher’s fall collection has some really gorgeous greens and blues, including the colors Hemlock, Nile and Pond. I love colors like this paired with leopard prints!

What do you think of these colors? How would you wear them?

Singing The Blues And Greens…

1. August 14, 2017 / 3:53 am

OMG! OMG! Autumn already!!?? I am leaving for Malaga thursday and will be back in DK on the 12. September, so for me the summer is still on;.)

August 14, 2017 / 6:25 am

Hi Tina, I get it, but retail cycles being what they are here, some of the best early fall pieces are gone by the time the weather begins to cool down. Enjoy your trip!

2. August 14, 2017 / 5:09 am

Oh…love that green Theory coat. I can’t believe that we’ve hardly had summer and I’m wishing for fall.

3. Lisa
    August 14, 2017 / 8:43 am

I always check the Pantone colors for the season ahead so thank you! Gives you an “ahead of the curve” perspective on what to invest in, what works with what you have and I think adds some shopping excitement I love the Navy Peony and the Autumn Maple together, however being 5’2″ i tend to do a lot of monochrome looks. I’m investing in some Vince sneakers in Dijon, kind of an Autumn Maple color, for foot wear. I think they’ll look great together. Will look great with jeans too. Navy peony will be a nice change from my all black. I do love the Shaded Spruce and Tawny Port and will invest in some sweaters and shirts in those colors too. Autumn maple near my face would seriously wash me out but on my feet will add a little kick! Great post as usual and thanks!

August 14, 2017 / 10:07 am

I think those Dijon sneakers will look fabulous with so many colors! Nice choice.

4. Elizabeth
    August 14, 2017 / 10:04 am

I love love love these colors! Finally Eileen is creating in colors that sing to my soul.

August 14, 2017 / 10:06 am

Yes!! I was so happy to see these colors. They are really gorgeous in person too.

5. valerie
    August 14, 2017 / 10:58 am

Fall. Every redheads dream clothing color season…. especially this one with these fabulous colors! Wish I could wear all the wonderful sweaters and coats… but So Cal weather is so don’t need them.

August 14, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Hi valerie, I hear what you’re saying about our warmer autumn, but do check out some of the pieces available in the color Nile. Lots of lighter weight options!

6. August 14, 2017 / 1:45 pm

Blues and especially greens are the basis of my wardrobe & go with all other colours I wear . I only have to avoid lime or navy near my face so I’ll be looking for sales this Autumn !