Oh Ankle Boots, How Do I Love Thee?
Ankle boots remain my preferred footwear for many reasons. If chosen well, they’re supportive and comfortable. They’re excellent for travel. They’re versatile, and can be worn with skirts/dresses, or just about any style of pants (cropped, slim, bootcut, skinny).
(Many thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. All ideas and opinions are my own.)
Let Me Count The Ways…
- Classic. This style has been popular for years and no wonder. Comfortable, reasonably priced, and no superfluous design details.
- With A Twist. Some may argue that these aren’t actually booties, but they fill that same niche in one’s footwear wardrobe during warmer months. I really like the twisted design detail on these! Also available in black and navy.
- Mod. Sleek and sharp, these Chelsea boots can dress up or down. Don’t let that patent leather scare you; I’ve tried these on and they’re soft and comfortable.
- Rocker. If you’re rejoicing in the return of 70’s Glam style statements, these might appeal. Distinctive but reasonably priced.
- Fun. If you’re looking for a cute-but-comfortable option, or need a Narrow or Wide width…this is your boot! Bonus points for water resistance! Also available in Black and “Greige” (taupe) suede.
- Flirty. This style reminds me of something you’d see on a stylish Parisienne…simple but with an interesting detail. (In this case, subtly sexy corsetry lacing.) And it’s also weatherproof!
Nordstrom has an amazing selection of ankle boots, including many of my favorite brands: Paul Green, Aquatalia, Munro, and Sam Edelman. They offer a wide range of sizes, widths and colors. Shipping and returns are free, so finding the right size is a risk-free proposition.
Do you have a favorite style of ankle boot?