I always try to pack as lightly as possible, so I’m selective about which skin care and beauty products make it into my suitcase.
Beauty Products For Travel
- Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift. Jet-lagged? This stuff is like a night’s sleep in a tube. It helps me look refreshed and rested.
- Makeover Workshop Blondi Brow Pencil. My brows are quite sparse, and filling them in helps me look more awake and “present.” I love this pencil for travel as it goes on easily and stays put all day, and doesn’t require a sharpener. (If your hair/brows are darker, there’s a Brunette pencil too.)
- Lighted Magnifying Mirror. Even the nicest accommodations can have crappy bathroom lighting and mirrors. This one can be held easily in one hand, is rechargeable and compact. (It can also be propped up.) I’m nearsighted, so that magnification really helps!
- Sunscreen!! Probably the most important step of any skincare routine, especially if you’ll be spending time outdoors. I like this mineral formula, but there’s also a gel formula that works nicely as a primer. And don’t forget your hands! All of these are packaged in TSA-compliant sizes, but you can aways decant into smaller containers if you prefer.
- Travel Toiletries Bag. This one from EMME is the best I’ve ever found. Holds a lot in clear pockets (so those items are easy to find), can be hung (saving precious counter space), and folds down to a compact size. There’s a removable clear pouch for your TSA liquids. These bags make great gifts too (Mothers’ Day is coming up…). Save 20% with code UNEFEMME at checkout!
- Makeover Workshop Re-Creation Lip Treatment. Between dry airplane cabins and varying climates, my lips can get really dry and flaky when I travel. This product is the one thing I’ve found that keeps my lips feeling moisturized for hours, and prevents flaking.
For most other skincare, I tend to rely on either sample packets from my favorite brands, or decant from full-size to travel-size containers. (The EMME bag comes with a nice set of these smaller containers!)
I also have learned to pack:
- Makeup remover wipes. I like the ones from Burt’s Bees.
- A konjac sponge. Some hotels don’t provide washcloths, so I always bring one of these for nightly facial cleansing.
- A fresh tube of mascara. That way I know I won’t run out mid-trip.
- Trish McEvoy “Triangle of Light” Eye Masks. Soothing, and help me look less sleep-deprived.
- Eye Lubricant. A must for long flights!
- A silk sleep mask. For flights and ambient light in accommodations.
All of the products I’ve linked to are cruelty-free.
What beauty products do you always travel with?
Stay in touch
Sign up to be notified of new posts and updates from une femme d’un certain âge.