A few things for your Friday…
- Run, don’t walk. If a lightweight denim jacket is on your wish list, do NOT miss out on this one from White House/Black Market. I received it a couple of days ago and am very impressed with it. It has curved princess seaming, so is very curve-friendly.The front facings extend all the way to the side seams, and are tacked down! (Can I get a “hallelujah”?) The armholes are cut high enough to be flattering, but not so tight that the fit is uncomfortable. According to the care tags, it’s machine washable. I’m not crazy about the buttons, and may replace them, but this is one of the best jackets I’ve seen in this price range in some time. Seems to run true-to-size. Look for an outfit post soon. Other items shown above:
left: necklace | top | pants | bag | boots
right: earrings | top | bracelet | bag | jeans | sandals
lip pencil | fragrance
- This NY Times Magazine article on “Erasure” is worth a read, and reminds me of why I don’t think the issue of “invisibility” is a trivial one. (h/t Judith at Style Crone)
- I learned a new word in French this week: sautoirs!
- Lisa ponders the casual maxi dress for summer.
- Not Dressed As Lamb highlights some of my favorite 40+ bloggers here.
- The florists in Paris are extraordinary. Sharon Santoni’s video of the flower markets and a florist shop in Paris captures a bit of that magic.
Affiliate links in this post may generate commissions for unefemme.net. See complete disclosure policy here.
Stay in touch
Sign up to be notified of new posts and updates from une femme d’un certain âge.