Wearing: scarf (similar) | jacket (similar) | jeans | bag | shoes
I’m deviating from the schedule a bit…normally I would have posted my Travel Wardrobe Recap but to be entirely honest, I’m a little sick of looking at it and I’ll bet some of you are too. So I’m giving us a break today, and will post it on Thursday (along with some travel laundry tips).
Simple, With Interest
Instead I’m sharing something I found in a boutique in Venice, and wore our last night in Paris. It’s a tropical weight wool jacket from a Belgian brand, Scapa. I absolutely adore this jacket! The fabric is divine, and there’s a pleated peplum in the back (if I’d been thinking, would have had le Monsieur take a snap from the back to show it). It’s long, a little bit too long, IMO, so I’ve dropped it off to have it hemmed to just above the knee. Otherwise it fits me perfectly.
It’s exactly the kind of piece that I’ve been on the lookout for: simple and timeless, but with interesting details. And it’s Not Black. I’ll take some better shots once it’s back from the tailor, and show you the details and how it nips in nicely at the waist.
Sadly, this brand isn’t sold online in the US, but I’ve found some other not-just-another-navy-jacket options below.
I’ve had a few questions about the scarf; mine’s a couple of years old, a silk/cashmere blend from brand Bindya. Still one of my favorites!
By the end of a trip, I tend to get a little goofy. We’d hoped to take photos in the courtyard of the Palais-Royal, but they had it closed off due to some filming. So we went around to the gardens in back, which thanks to the drizzle, we had almost entirely to ourselves.
I think this is a nice change of pace for you!
I applaud your not black trend! I am also looking at navy, grey, and lighter neutrals. Even better is finding a garment with some skilled tailoring and a unique cut.
EE Faris, thanks! I find that “skilled tailoring and a unique cut” are often easier to find in Europe. It may be that there’s more of a demand for it there.
Gorgeous jacket…can’t wait to see more photos including the back.
I actually have that Lauren navy knit blazer and it’s wonderful.
Thanks, Laurel! I was eyeing that knit blazer before we left, glad to know it’s a good piece.
thank you for including navy! I really cannot wear black near my face so have moved to navy/taupe as my preferred neutrals. Looks like it’s a good change for you too.
Thanks, Cindy. I’m definitely warming up to navy for myself (and to light grey and taupe too).
Love it! As I commented on IG, I think this is my favourite outfit of your trip.
Thanks so much Frances! It was one of my favorites too. 🙂
Nice outfit! The navy blue jacket looks great on you. I love all your accessories.
The navy color suits you very well. It is a nice change of pace. What a lucky find!
Thank you Lori! I was really thrilled to find it.
Me too! Love this on you. Menswear blue blazers bore the t’s off me.
Duchesse, 😀 agree and thank you!
Susan, true navy is quite flattering on you! With 95% of my closet consisting of black, grey, and white the remaining 5% is split between navy and blush. It looks like the 5% may expand, given the great choices you’ve posted. The linen-blend Kenzee is stunning with the ball-fringe hem and the shawl collared Crystal Cove is screaming for my money. Once again, well done!
Thanks so much, JavaAndJunket!
You look great in navy – because you are blonde and fair? It is a beautiful long jacket or short coat. Terrible on me: I prefer steel grey, dark green, or a certain very deep and not at all loud violet on myself.
I also love red, personally, and my choice of non-black, non-grey and non-tanned-leather shoes for me would be red ones.
Thanks, lagatta! I saw lots of red shoes on women in Paris… 🙂
Love the new long jacket profile. In fact, I covet your find. And you look so damn cute and happy in that photo. So happy you had a good time. 🙂
Thanks so much, Ann! I never get over the delight of being in Paris…
I have just returned from my two weeks in Japan and did follow your advice with the wardrobe, which worked very well, except I should have put in my sandals! Loved seeing all your travel pics, I so desire to go to Rome etc. They were so into the divided skirts (collates) short and long and of course I had to have some! I am I am going through a grey thing at the moment! So enjoying following your adventures!
My daughters live in Rome but are attending a wedding at the end of the month in Venice. Do you mind sharing f the name of the boutique in Venice where you bought the navy jacket? Thank! Lisa Bruzzese