We’re staying connected with video conferences and FaceTime more than ever, and I think we’ll continue to do so even after stay-at-home restrictions are lifted. In fact, I’m “seeing” some friends more oven now via video chat than I did IRL before. I’ve come to think of these get-togethers as bona fide social events, and enjoy getting dressed for them.
Whether it’s a work meeting or a social gathering, here are a few tips to look your best on a video call:
- be sure there’s some light on your face, and that your camera is placed high enough to angle down toward you rather than up.
- wear one of your best colors near your face, whether with a top, scarf or accessories. (Be sure that it doesn’t blend in with your background.)
- add accessories where it counts: around your neck and face.
- you don’t have to do full makeup if you don’t normally wear it, but some lipstick will help you look more “present.”
- if you wear glasses, try to minimize glare by shifting your light source or camera angle.
Earrings & Necklaces On Sale
If your “headshot” accessories could use a refresh, I’ve spotted some great video-conference-ready pieces on sale. At top, those freshwater pearl drop earrings aren’t too overwhelming, but will add a finishing touch. Currently 62% off.
If your style leans more casual or Bohemian, this colorful necklace with shell and pearl charms is the kind of piece you could wear every day.
These hammered gold hoops with azure quartz drops are lovely, and not too large.
If you prefer styles that don’t dangle, these sparkly button earrings have a fun vintage vibe.
Mix-and-match charms give these hoops lots of styling options. These are available in silver or gold and there are several different charms to choose from. They were such a good deal, I ordered a set of the smallest hoops and a few of the stone charms to mix and match! (Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the product page and hit the More From This Collection button to see all available options.)
Best of This Week’s Sales
Bloomingdale’s – Memorial Day Sale, 30-50% off a large selection of regular priced items, extra 50% off clearance items.
J.Jill – 40% off full-priced linen styles, code UNWIND.
Lands’ End – up to 50% off your order with code SHINE
Talbot’s – all sweaters, shirts, & blouses for $30. And 40% off everything else. (Only through 5/15.)
Vince – 25% off sitewide with code MAY25