While I don’t usually pack a lot of makeup products when I travel, there are a few items that are always included in my makeup bag…
My Top 5 Travel Beauty Essentials
- Trish McEvoy Triangle of Light Eye Masks. I love to travel, but it often can mean jet-lag, lack of sleep, and stress. When I’m tired, I see it first around my eyes. I’ll apply these patches underneath my eyes for a few minutes in the morning, after my moisturizer but before my sunscreen. They are incredibly soothing, and really refresh the area underneath my eyes, reducing puffiness and circles.
- Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift. For persistent dark circles, I apply a little of this brightener in a triangle shape underneath my eyes. It doesn’t get cakey or settle into fine lines like many concealers. And it really does make me look like I’ve had a good night’s sleep, instantly!
- Eyelash curler. I don’t always wear mascara on travel days, but I always do curl my lashes, as it makes me look more wide-awake and alert. I’m a fan of this one from Charlotte Tilbury; many people like the one from Shu Uemura.
- Lighted magnifying mirror. Even the nicest hotels can have crappy lighting in the bathroom, and may not have a makeup mirror at all. (Or one that’s mounted too high to be of use…) If you’re nearsighted like I am, a little magnification is essential! I love this little rechargeable mirror from simplehuman. It will work for several days on a single charge, has 3x magnification, and two brightness settings.
- Chantecaille Waterproof Brow Definer. I love this one because it stays put, and never needs a sharpener. The Light Taupe is a perfect match for my brow color, so adds definition while looking natural. I also like this one from Makeover Workshop in Natural Taupe, which is slightly warmer in color.
What are your travel beauty essentials?
Stay in touch.
Affiliate links in posts may generate commissions for unefemme.net. See my complete disclosure policy here.