While I don’t usually pack a lot of makeup products when I travel, there are a few items that are always included in my makeup bag…
My Top 5 Travel Beauty Essentials
- Trish McEvoy Triangle of Light Eye Masks. I love to travel, but it often can mean jet-lag, lack of sleep, and stress. When I’m tired, I see it first around my eyes. I’ll apply these patches underneath my eyes for a few minutes in the morning, after my moisturizer but before my sunscreen. They are incredibly soothing, and really refresh the area underneath my eyes, reducing puffiness and circles.
- Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift. For persistent dark circles, I apply a little of this brightener in a triangle shape underneath my eyes. It doesn’t get cakey or settle into fine lines like many concealers. And it really does make me look like I’ve had a good night’s sleep, instantly!
- Eyelash curler. I don’t always wear mascara on travel days, but I always do curl my lashes, as it makes me look more wide-awake and alert. I’m a fan of this one from Charlotte Tilbury; many people like the one from Shu Uemura.
- Lighted magnifying mirror. Even the nicest hotels can have crappy lighting in the bathroom, and may not have a makeup mirror at all. (Or one that’s mounted too high to be of use…) If you’re nearsighted like I am, a little magnification is essential! I love this little rechargeable mirror from simplehuman. It will work for several days on a single charge, has 3x magnification, and two brightness settings.
- Chantecaille Waterproof Brow Definer. I love this one because it stays put, and never needs a sharpener. The Light Taupe is a perfect match for my brow color, so adds definition while looking natural. I also like this one from Makeover Workshop in Natural Taupe, which is slightly warmer in color.
What are your travel beauty essentials?