One of the most useful tools I’ve found to help me pack lighter and smarter is to write up a recap of my travel wardrobe shortly after returning home. I often refer back to these reviews when planning future trips to remind myself of what worked or didn’t. I’m quite pleased with the selections I packed for London; here’s a recap of my 2-week travel capsule wardrobe.
2 weeks, 1 suitcase: my travel capsule wardrobe
This trip was a bit different from our usual vacation travel, as I spent most of the time indoors training on color and style analysis with Red Leopard. I wanted to be comfortable but look polished, and able to create a variety of outfits easily.
Here’s what I started with. At the last minute I ditched the lemon sweater without the stripes, swapped in a long sleeve check print layering top. I also swapped out one pair of jeans for a pair of dark brown ponte knit lantern pants (similar).
I managed to wear almost everything at least once (though didn’t get photos of a couple of outfits). Here’s how I’d rank the “team.”
- The Madewell knit jacket. This was so easy to throw on to complete an outfit, and not too warm to wear indoors.
- The corduroy pants (both lighter and darker brown). Similar in more sizes.
- Scarves. Here (c/o), here, and similar here. These added a needed pop of color to my neutrals.
More jacket options:
- The knit blazer (similar).
- The coral wool jacket (similar). Both of these were a nice change-up from the cropped chore jacket.
- The down coat (similar, Plus). Was the perfect weight for the range of temperatures outdoors during my stay.
- I didn’t wear either of the larger cashmere scarves, except on travel days. They were too warm and bulky for indoors, and it wasn’t cold enough outdoors that I needed them.
Wish I’d brought
- A pair of sneakers. I thought it would be too cold and wet for them, but missed having them for morning walks before our training sessions.
All in all, I’d give this 2-week travel capsule wardrobe a 9/10. I did do a little bit of shopping while I was there, and incorporated a couple of the new tops during the second week.
For details on the travel outfits:
We have another trip planned in a few weeks, so I’ll probably include the MVP’s in the next wardrobe. More soon!
What are your travel MVP’s?